Employability in the ‘new normal’
This summer is an extraordinarily turbulent time. Research suggests that 24% of the UK work force is at risk, and thinking specifically about the younger generation entering work, statistics show that 29% of final year students have lost the jobs they were offered, and 26% have lost internships. Many people are expecting this to be the toughest time in history to gain employment – and that the impact may last years.
Employability Accelerator spotted this reality and quickly acted with the Employability Accelerator Programme. Their programme is designed specifically to ensure your adult children (ages 18 – 26 years) are the most attractive candidate they can be as they navigate the most competitive graduate environment in history. They are passionate about empowering current and recent students to thrive in the ‘new normal.’
The rigorous, two-week Programme is specially designed to support students and give them enhanced employability skills to optimise their life chances, including:
- Professional coaching. 1:1 and in groups, designed by an ICF Master Coach, equipping students with the fundamental skills that decision makers are looking for.
- Real-life work experience. Ten Group are the world’s leading Concierge service and students have two weeks to complete a project to deliver, for Ten to utilise for their members – offering meaningful, real-life experience and also evidence of delivery to use in applications and interviews.
- A curated online learning platform to ensure that students have the tools to accelerate their progression.
- Get Prepared. The pandemic has made career development more difficult. Our programme is specifically designed to work in a virtual environment. How students use this summer can significantly change future employability – don’t waste it.
- Experience Work. Exposure to real work as early as possible is integral to success. Over a third of recruiters who took part in a Highfliers survey of the graduate market* warned that ‘irrespective of their academic achievements, graduates who have had no previous work experience…have little or no chance of receiving a job offer.’
- Motivate. We are passionate about students realising your potential, no matter what. In a time where a Prospects survey** showed ‘66% final year students feel negative about their future careers’ and ‘83% are lacking in motivation,’ the programme is designed to elevate enthusiasm and motivation to achieve the best future, even in the face of challenging circumstances.
Programmes run through and beyond summer 2020 and E4S has been able to obtain a 10% discount for those quoting “E4S” on application. With limited spaces still available for 6th July and 20th July, do apply now to find out more and confirm your place.
The team are aware that the Employability Accelerator gives advantage for those who are fortunate enough to be able to afford it. Whilst they believe that having their students developed to achieve their best is a good thing in itself for society, they also are delighted to share that for every student who completes the Employability Accelerator, £300 goes to the Spear Programme that supports employability for disadvantaged groups.
Leave a comment
Comments currently closed. Tough break.