For the purpose of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, ("GDPR"), the Data protection Act 2018 and any applicable national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation relating to the processing of personal data (together "Data Protection Law"), the data controller is Employment4students.co.uk Limited of 2D Station Yard, Thame, Oxfordshire, OX9 3UH, England.
- Information we may collect from you.
We only collect data from you in order for you to follow jobs and searches, to apply quickly to job offers, etc. In addition we will collect information in order to contact you with job offers matching your profiles and relevant information about your account.
We may collect and process data about you based upon one or more of the following lawful basis for processing.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Necessary to fulfil a contract
For example: to send your CV to an employer or recruiter for a specific job application.
We may process your data for our legitimate business interests.
Necessary due to a legal obligation
Information you give us.
- Users do not need to provide any personal data to browse the Website or search for jobs.
- You may give us information by filling in forms on the Website for example using a jobseeker or employer account, by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, apps, subscribe to our Services, create an account, register to job alerts, newsletters or deals, apply for a job on the Website, participate in discussion boards on the Website and enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph. In each case, the personal data required to use the function or service is indicated.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Website, we may collect the following information.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information from other online accounts, where you have given us permission to collect data from within your settings or the privacy policies of these other online services: For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our Website from your smartphone; or it can be from the integrations and connections that you choose to install when using the Website.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- We also collect information about you from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with personal data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyse our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. We also use this for the purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling, determining eligibility and verifying contact information. The personal data we collect includes:
- Internet activities: internet data (or user behavioural data), IP addresses, internet activity information and inferences about your preferences and behaviour.
- Publicly available information about you: such as information published about you, for example by Companies House, including postal address, job title, email address, phone number, professional or employment-related information, education information and commercial information.
- Social media profiles: information published about you on social media profiles such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Information collected by third parties
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them:
- Dot Digital: to allow us to communicate with candidates via emails
- Google Apps: to enable email communications with you
- Hubspot CRM: to manage contacts and keep a record of communications/ interactions with customers
- Xero: our cloud accounting system that stores email and names of persons sent invoices by email
- Information Usage
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us.
- Employer, advertiser and job seeker account registration information is stored and used to provide the services available from within that account some of which may result in emails being sent to you, e.g. to follow companies and set up job alerts.
- To contact registered jobseekers using the details submitted on the registration form to inform you about jobs related to your relevant search.
- To request feedback
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. Such data will be used and stored anonymously.
- To research Website usage trends and other factors regarding the use and effectiveness of the service provided. Such data will be used and stored anonymously.
- To improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them. When showing you tailored ads or customising your web experience, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with special categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
- We will not sell or rent your personal data to anyone.
- Your rights
You have the following rights under Data Protection Law:
- Access to your personal data.
- Rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- A restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- A transfer of your personal data (data portability) in a structured machine readable and commonly used format.
- Withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time.
- If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, Users can unsubscribe from any E-newsletter lists at any time by following the "unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of each E-newsletter and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your personal data, including profiling, that affect you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent.
Right to rectification, deletion and data export
Maintaining the accuracy of personal data is the responsibility of job seekers, employers and advertisers, and can be done from within their password protected accounts. We permit you to rectify, delete or export information you have provided to us, subject to the provisions of our Terms and Conditions and the terms set out below.
- Employers and advertisers can delete their accounts by contacting their Account Manager using the contact details provided within their accounts.
- Job seekers can delete their accounts using the "close account" function within their account.
- You may rectify or export personal data you have provided to us by logging onto the Website and providing additional information where applicable. If you would like to gain access to your account to rectify or export information we have collected as "data controllers," please contact us. We will respond to such queries within 30 days.
- We have no direct relationship with any individuals with whom you may interact when using the Website. Any such individual seeking access to, or who would like to rectify, delete or export data which may be stored by us should direct any query to the applicable customer acting as the "data controller" for such information. At the request of our customers, we rectify, delete or export any data placed in their accounts within 30 days.
We retain personal data for as long as we provide access to the Website to you or your account remains open. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Website for the purposes set out below.
- We also reserve the right to keep an archival copy of deleted accounts for audit purposes. Deleted accounts will not be accessible to users or third parties on the internet.
- We will retain de-personalised information after your account has been closed.
- Please note: After you have closed your account or deleted information from your account, any information you have shared with others will remain visible. We do not control data that other users may have copied from the Website. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
- Disclosure of your information
We do not disclose your information to third parties or allow them access to it, except in the following circumstances:
Information we share with third parties.
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Employment4Students.co.uk Ltd unless one of the following applies.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, such as website hosting or maintenance suppliers and is this is limited to domain administrators, support companies or individuals and sub-processors acting on our behalf.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 250 women aged over 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men living in London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- We may share anonymous and aggregated usage data and reports in the normal course of operating our business; for example, we may share information with other Website users, our customers or publicly to show trends or benchmark the general use of our Website.
Information we disclose to third parties.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If you apply for a job, any personal data you include in your application will be sent to the client who posted that job. Whilst we take precautions to only work with clients who adhere to Data Protection Law, we take no responsibility for the way in which clients use the information you send in your application, or subsequently disclose in correspondence with that client.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Employment4students.co.uk Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party then your personal data will be passed to that third party as one of the transferred assets. We will publish notice of such an acquisition on the Website.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and/or any other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, safety, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where we share statistical (such as application numbers and Website visit numbers) and demographic data with third parties for advertising, marketing or service provision tendering purposes. None of this information is personal data.
- Posting in Public Areas
- Information posted in our forum, on job adverts or other advertising on the Website is available to anyone on the internet and may be collected by third parties. We have no control over any use of that information by such third parties.
- If you post details of third parties in public areas of the Website then it is your sole responsibility to gain consent from those third parties to post such information. We are in no way responsible for obtaining consent from such third parties for your actions.
- Data Storage
- Your information (including personal data) may be stored and processed in any country where we engage service providers, and we may transfer your information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country of residence. Personal data that we collect from you may therefore be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") or the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA or UK who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA or the UK.
- The Website is accessible via the internet and may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the Website from outside the EEA or the UK. This means that where you chose to post your data publicly on the Website, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA or the UK may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
- Protection and security of your information
- We protect user information with the following security measures: Electronically, the Website is hosted on a secure server, computers are protected with appropriate anti-virus and firewall software, and personal data is accessible only by unique username and password and by administration. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
- We restrict access to personal data to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and the appropriate organizational policies and procedures. such persons may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Although we endeavour to keep information secure, security of both communication and information storage on the internet are beyond our control. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedure and security feature to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Links to other websites
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Information Commissioner's Office at, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England ("ICO").
- Age of Users
- This Website is not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 16.
or email: [email protected]