As Project Support Officer you will support the Northern Area Manager and Regional Managers with volunteer recruitment, documentation of training (such as DBS, references, Food Safety Level 2, First Aid), giving our volunteers a fantastic experience, guest outreach and giving extra support to our Yorkshire & The Humber projects as and when required to aid development and growth within the region.
Each of our Projects is run by Project Leaders (volunteer position) and supported by Regional Managers through recruitment and training of volunteers. Your role will be to support the Regional Managers so that they can manage more projects, knowing that you have helped with the embedding of volunteers, along with supporting the Regional Managers with expansion plans within their areas.
This support could range from developing relationships with our food suppliers, researching local organisations to support with guest outreach, and recruiting new Project Leaders for the Region. The right person for this role enjoys being organised, has a great personality, pays attention to detail, and understands that they are a key component in supporting our fantastic Projects.
The role will require some attendance at our Community Meals projects, to support with delivery as necessary.
FoodCycle is recruiting for a Project Support Officer to join its Northern team. While there will be collaboration, this role will focus on supporting those projects in Yorkshire and the Humber primarily and support for other regions in the North (North East and North West), would not be part of the role in general.
Roles and Responsibilities
Volunteer Recruitment and Induction Support
- Volunteer Recruitment – posting adverts with relevant organisations and use of social media, ensuring adverts are accurate, relevant, and appealing and working with the communications team and training and recruitment manager to ensure this is the case.
- Helping with Project Leader inductions, including responding to applications and taking applicants through the training process.
- Responding and monitoring London project inboxes where and when required and responding to enquiries.
- Ensuring volunteer data is inputted correctly on salesforce and is up-to-date. Examples include documenting the training and checks of Project Leaders so that they can participate in leadership roles.
- Ensuring Projects are well supported with volunteers each week and working with the Regional Manager where gaps are identified.
- Ad-hoc admin tasks that relate to the Northern Area.
Food and Guest Outreach Support
- Guest outreach – researching and making local connections to ensure communities are aware of and have access to FoodCycle Projects in London.
- Ensuring Projects are well attended by communicating effectively with existing guests.
- Building and managing local food surplus relationships where needed.
- Supporting Regional Managers with sourcing and ordering of food items for Projects.
- Stepping in as Project Leader at Projects where cover is needed (only in Yorkshire & The Humber).
- Personable, warm, approachable and unflappable
- Have been a volunteer or worked in an organisation that manages volunteers
- Interested in food and hospitaliry
- Keen interest in social issues such as food poverty
- Excited to use surplus food to help with the environment
- Loves tech with some experience of CRM systems