When you join PGL as an EFL Tutor you’ll receive a monthly wage of up to £2,281.25 per month, alongside a one of a kind experience.
In this role, you’ll be delivering our dynamic English as a Foreign Language product, where guests enjoy a mix of classroom-based EFL sessions, outdoor activities and off-site excursions. We’re looking for enthusiastic TESOL or CELTA qualified (or equivalent) EFL Teachers to solely focus on delivering this programme to our inbound guests travelling to PGL UK centres from Europe, Asia and other long haul destinations. This is a well-supported opportunity, with no pastoral care duties and a focus on teaching responsibilities.
Your duties will include:
- Communicating with the Course Director to discuss the group's ability and objectives;
- Modifying pre-prepared lesson plans to suit your students;
- Maximising the use of resources to deliver fun and informative sessions;
- Managing the classroom effectively and motivating your students accordingly;
- Assisting the Course Director with the placement tests for students upon their arrival.
As PGL centres offer a residential experience as part of our guest package, we would also expect our EFL Teachers to assist with the following:
- Being responsive to individual guest's needs and engaging other members of staff where necessary;
- Engaging with students and group leaders outside the classroom in an appropriate and professional manner;
- Assisting with any emergencies that might arise within the centre;
- Ensuring that the guests realise their potential and gain maximum enjoyment during their stay.
Alongside a monthly wage of up to £2,281.25, PGL provides a thrilling, supportive environment, encouraging our staff to have a great time while fostering their future career.
Your uniform is also provided for you, and we offer a 20% discount to our colleagues in all our on-site shops.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
We're looking for TESOL, CELTA or equivilant qualified individuals, and are also keen to hear from applicants who have an accredited TEFL Teaching Certificate of 100 hours or more plus a minimum of six observed hours of classroom-based teaching experience.
- If successful, you must have permission to work in the UK by the start of your employment