With over 35 years of experience, Ardmore Language Schools is a leading junior English Language programme provider which takes English learning beyond the classroom. We pride ourselves in offering young international students a high standard and safe learning experience in the UK whilst they enjoy a culturally immersive and fun activity programme.
We are currently looking for people like you to lead our centre academic team and the academic aspect of our programmes this summer.
- Undergraduate Degree and DELTA or DipTESOL or equivalents.
- Punctual and organised.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of EFL Teachers and large groups of international children/teenagers.
- Commitment to safeguarding students at all times.
- Have a suitable police check/ enhanced DBS (Ardmore can assist with this).
- Available to work for 2-8 week periods during June, July and August, on a fixed-term basis.
- Available to attend compulsory management training in the last week of June.
- Previous experience in a Director of Studies role or a senior academic role.
- Previous experience in summer school environment and/or teaching young English learners.
- Cultural sensitivity suitable for an international environment.
The main task of the Director of Studies is to implement and oversee all aspects of the academic programme on centre. The Director of Studies meets with Group Leaders on a regular basis to respond to academic queries.
The Director of Studies will also lead a team of EFL Teachers, observe their lessons and provide constructive feedback in CPD sessions. They should create a positive and enthusiastic team to deliver a high-quality programme to ensure student satisfaction. EFL Teachers hours should be rota’d by the Director of Studies to ensure that all classes are covered and to ensure that teachers are helping the welfare and activities teams.
It will be important to organise and manage student placement and exit tests to ensure that students are placed in suitable classes for their level of English. The Director of Studies will also ensure that lessons start and end on time to avoid any supervision issues. Directors of Studies will track student absenteeism, arrange the student graduation and will collect early and final feedback.
- Reports to Centre Director and Academic Director.
- Fixed-Term Contracts; 48 hours per week.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to 'optout’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
- Residential position with full board and accommodation included.
Location: 19 locations across the UK; Bath, Uxbridge, Berkshire, Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, Windsor, Henley-on-Thames, Swindon, Ipswich, Petersfield, Brighton, Eastbourne, Harrow, Central London, Reading, Hertfordshire, Ascot.
Candidates can only be considered if they over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK. The Recruitment Team cannot accept CVs; all applications must be submitted via the online application portal.
Get in touch and apply now!Apply Now