Junior Lab Technician
LOCATION: Chinley, High Peak
SALARY & BENEFITS: £18,000-22,000 per annum, dependant on experience
WORKING HOURS: Monday - Thursday 08:30-17:00 and 08:30-14:30 on Friday.
Orbia have been developing and manufacturing PVC compounds for over 40 years for some big brand household names. We pride ourselves at being at the forefront of PVC compounding technology.
We have an exciting new opportunity as a junior laboratory technician in a fast paced and industrial environment. The role is supporting the R&D laboratory with production and basic testing of samples.
Experience is not essential as full training will be provided. However, a can do attitude and a willingness to learn are essential. This role would be suited to either a school / college leaver or candidates looking for a change of direction or an entry level role in a laboratory environment.
Duties will include;
- Efficiently completing lab scale mixes with high precision.
- Physical and rheological testing including extrusion, impact testing and hardness testing.
- Assisting with R&D based QC testing of incoming materials.
- Keeping the mixing and weighing room stocked, organised and clean.
- Assisting in the production of samples for customers.
No qualifications are required and full training will be given.
Essential skills / experience:
- A keen attention to detail.
- Be proficient in Office 365.
- As the job includes manual labour the candidate must be able to lift a 25 kg sack.
Desirable skills / experience (but not required):
- Knowledge of PVC or polymers and/or stabilisers.
- Previous mixing or lab experience.
- If successful, you must have permission to work in the UK by the start of your employment
- You must be able to speak English fluently
- You must be currently living within a commutable distance of this vacancy