Who are CT ?
We are a rapidly growing MSP operating from a large office in Chesterfield – we offer an informal, relaxed yet high performance environment where we recognise and reward effort and achievement. CT prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers coupled with our internal technical expertise, enabling us to operate our own cloud infrastructure and communications network. We are expanding our team and are seeking enthusiastic, driven and ambitious team members to join in our journey.
What is the role ?
The aim of the DevOps Engineer is to improve CTs methods of working, reduce the labour input for repetitive tasks, improve the availability of information and improve the integration of the various systems used by the business. The ultimate result will be improved levels of service, reduced man-hours, improved working methods, improved staff and customer experience and ultimately increase profit levels.
You will be responsible for analysing CT’s technical support tickets to identify trends and potential areas where standardisation and automation can reduce engineer time. The engineer will then be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the automation using the systems in place or via new, alternative systems.
You will also work closely with the DevOps Manager, Operations Manager and Directors to identify areas of integration which would improve CTs work processes and improve the level of service offered by the engineering teams. These integrations will then be designed, developed and implemented by the DevOps team.
Wherever possible the DevOps Engineer will work closely with the development teams of the major suppliers to increase knowledge and obtain development assistance for the integrations required by CT.
The DevOps engineer will design, develop, implement and manage the early warning reporting system to enable CT to identify potential Technical Support issues before they arise and enable the Technical Teams to carry out any preventative actions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop critical business systems to improve efficiency where engineering labour time is required.
- Develop and design performance reports to enable account managers to present the Return on Investment achieved from a CT support contract.
- Manage your own workload effectively.
- Production of reports, wallboards and data access for teams throughout the company using SQL Reporting Services.
- Migration of internal working data to the Microsoft SharePoint 365 platform.
- Scripting automation, monitoring and deployment for end user systems using PowerShell, Batch and .NET Framework.
You need to be:
A professional, self-motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills. You are organised, adaptable and calm under pressure with a strong desire to continue to develop your skill set whilst working effectively and efficiently alone or as part of a team. Your attention to detail is second to none with strong problem-solving skills. You have the ability to quickly learn new software and systems and research integration processes to create a single integrated system.
Knowledge / Technologies you ideally would be aware of:
- Basic knowledge or experience of a programming language e.g. .NET (MVC & Core), PowerShell etc / database queries e.g. MS SQL or MySQL / Microsoft SharePoint / API’s
- A good understanding of the Azure suite and how Azure authentication works.
- If successful, you must have permission to work in the UK by the start of your employment
- You must have a UK driving licence
- You must be able to speak English fluently
- You must be currently living within a commutable distance of this vacancy