Orchard House has an opportunity for a motivated and caring person to join our team as an apprentice in health and social care. The position is for 30 hours per week, which includes 6 hours of study time to enable you to work towards a level 2 in Adult Care. The hours of work will include some evenings and weekends.
- To include supporting day care visitors and residents in the home with personal care needs, at mealtimes and during activity sessions.
- Some light housework
- Record keeping
- Assisting Activities Staff with the daily activities programme to give residents physical and mental stimulation
- Welcoming new residents into the home by ensuring they are aware of their new surroundings
Personal Qualities :
- Need to have a sensitive caring approach to those with disabilities
- Reliable and responsible with a mature approach to work
Skills Required :
- Must have good communication skills, especially in written and spoken English
- An ability to promote activities with residents such as art, music, baking etc.
- To be able to work under supervision and follow out delegated responsibilities efficiently
- Will require IT skills for record-keeping purposes
- Good interpersonal skills, will need to liaise with other members of the team and all the people we support
Future Prospects :
Opportunity for a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.