Incomes Data Research (IDR) is an independent research organisation providing information and analysis on pay, employment conditions and wider employment topics for HR professionals, trade unions and government bodies. This includes information on annual pay rises, salary levels and employee benefits packages.
Six years ago we identified a gap in the market for independent research on pay and reward and IDR is committed to filling that gap. Since then we have delivered work for a wide range of clients and have a steadily growing subscriber base.
About the role
One of our key services is an online salary benchmarking tool Pay Benchmarker which is used by HR professionals to check they are paying staff at the right level. At IDR we pride ourselves on collecting our own salary data, directly from employers through electronic surveys and data submissions, and IDR is looking for a Survey and Data Administrator to collect and prepare salary data for Pay Benchmarker.
The specific tasks involve:
- Preparing and sending survey invitations using mail merge, email and SmartSurvey
- Contacting organisations by phone and email to chase survey responses and data submissions
- Checking and verifying data, identifying anomalies and contacting organisations to clarify responses where necessary
- Using Excel to prepare survey data for upload to our database, which involves reorganising and transforming data, using Excel’s VLOOKUP function and calculating medians, averages and quartiles
- Uploading data via our backend system (full training provided)
- Checking and validating data once uploaded
- Preparing and sending data summaries to participants, involving the preparation of tables and charts in Excel and/or Infogram
- Updating contact details in the Capsule CRM system
- Monitoring and reporting on your own progress at the weekly team meeting
A typical day might begin by first checking any new survey responses or data submissions and dealing with emails relating to extensions or requests for survey links or data templates. This would be followed by an hour or so telephone work contacting HR/Reward Managers encouraging them to participate. After a lunch break you would most likely send out a mail merge reminder or new survey invitation and deal with any requests for further information or email ‘bouncebacks’. The remainder of the day would be spent either preparing data or making further telephone chaser calls. Our expectation is that half of your time would be spent undertaking telephone survey chasing calls, while the remainder would be focussed on data checking and analysis, and other related tasks as set out previously. The right candidate would have freedom to organise their own workload under general guidance.
The right candidate
The role entails a variety of tasks and provides opportunities to learn and develop new skills, as well as introducing you to the pay and reward field. The role may suit an undergraduate student or new graduate in either HR or business. The right candidate needs to be confident on the phone and working with numbers, have a keen eye for detail and a can-do attitude. You will be expected to work independently on your own workload and should be capable of using initiative where required. You would have freedom to organise your own workload under general guidance.
We pride ourselves on being committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and have zero tolerance for discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.
Candidates should note that we intend to conduct interviews (face-to-face or via video call) on either Monday 28, Tuesday 29 or Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Salary and terms of employment
This part-time position would be for between 12 and 24 hours a week (ideally 18), worked between 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Days and times to be agreed with the successful candidate. The position is offered on a short-term, three-month fixed contract.
The salary is £10 an hour and you will receive 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata), a flexible home and travel allowance of £2 per day paid monthly (pro-rata), and the opportunity to join the company pension scheme after two months’ service.
The position is based at our small office just off Progress Road in Leigh on Sea, alongside a small in-house team (2-5 staff). The office is easily accessible by bus and free car parking is available in the surrounding areas.
- Numeracy, literacy and accuracy
- Able to work effectively as a member of a small team
- Proficient in Outlook and Excel and able to learn new IT systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills, particularly over the phone
- Able to deal successfully with a variety of contacts, including those at senior level
- Friendly, confident and professional personality
- Confident with numbers and the ability to spot anomalies in a dataset
- Able to build effective working relationships
- Willingness to learn about our services and customers
- Experience in call centre/customer service, research or data analytics
- An interest or knowledge in reward, industrial relations, HR management or other related areas
- If successful, you must have permission to work in the UK by the start of your employment
- You must be able to speak English fluently
- You must be currently living within a commutable distance of this vacancy