Interview Date: 21st April.
As this role develops you will take on more duties and responsibilities, some of your duties will include:
- Assisting with the planning of the EYFS curriculum
- Teaching children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation
- Helping set up the nursery for the daily programme and helping to tidy away at the end of the sessions
- Liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
- Advising the Nursery Teacher/Principal of any concerns e.g. over children, parents, of the safety of equipment and procedures, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- Working closely with the teacher on the ongoing assessment of the children in the nursery
- Attending staff meetings
“Springmead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers, known and unknown to the school, to share this legal and moral responsibility”. The school adopts recruitment and selection procedures that enable it to appoint the best applicant for the post and which help to deter, reject or identify people who are in any way unsuitable to work with children.
This role may be closed early if a sufficient number of applications are received.
Personal Qualities :
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to attend relevant training courses
- Previous experience of working with young children
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to young children and families
- Friendly, flexible approach
- Good mental and physical health
- The ability to contribute to safeguarding and promoting welfare
Skills Required :
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
Future Prospects :
We would consider future employment on completion of Level 2.