A career in the Royal Air Force is like other. From the speedy role progression to the unrivalled skills and training you will receive; all whilst travelling around the world and making friends for life, it really is No Ordinary Job.
Have you ever thought about a career in the Royal Air Force? Could you be the ears that keep us safe?
As an Intelligence Analyst (Linguist) you will find yourself working within a highly trained team, who have the important responsibility of providing timely intelligence to military forces deployed on operations around the world. You will play a vital role in protecting the security of the UK, National and International interests by interpreting, analysing and disseminating intelligence. You will receive world class training, learning a language to help you excel in this role, meaning no previous language learning is needed for this role.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Collect, collate and evaluate intelligence from multiple sources.
- Monitor and analyse radio and electronic transmissions broadcast throughout the world.
- Gather valuable information about enemies’ strengths, weaknesses and movements.
- Disseminate tailored intelligence to commanders, aircrew or troops on the ground.
Rewards & benefits like no other
- Get paid to travel the world as you work
- Reduced living costs, from accommodation to food, meaning you end up with more disposable cash
- World class training and lifelong learning
- Competitive pension
- Great promotion and progression prospects
- Work from home opportunities
- Free gym and sports facilities
- Adventurous training
- Transferrable skills from an internationally recognised and respected employer
Is this role for you?
- Have GCSE at Grade C/4-5 or above or SCE Standard Grade 2/Scottish National 5 in English Language and Maths
- No previous language training is required, full training will be provided
- Be have been a citizen of the United Kingdom since birth or a dual British Irish citizen.
- Have resided in the UK for 7 years immediately preceding application.
- Parents/Spouse must currently have a UK citizenship
- Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training after specialist training
- Meet the health and fitness criteria
- Pass the Airman Selection Test
- Pass a fitness test
Currently studying at university? A bursary of up to £6,000 (£3,000 per year) during your 2nd and 3rd year, plus £1,200 for 30 days of training
To qualify, you must:
- Be a university undergraduate reading any foreign language, or a mixed degree including Arabic or Russian.
- Be willing to join a University Air Squadron and pass a fitness test annually.
- Be successful in our recruitment process.
- Be willing to join the RAF as an Intelligence Analyst (Linguist) when you have graduated university.Apply Now