The traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
At its core is the work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital skills and work experience needed to get an apprenticeship or other job.
Your day to day activities will be variable and may include:
- Answering customers questions
- Selling and taking payments in cash by card etc.
- Bringing in and checking deliveries and prices
- Working on the shop floor - putting out new stock
- Working on the till
- Working as part of a team
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- A work experience placement
- Help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
Personal Qualities :
- Able to work alone or in a team
Skills Required :
- Able to chat and get on with others
Future Prospects :
- Successful completion of this traineeship may lead to an apprenticeship
- After successful completion of the traineeship course, you will receive an exit interview, a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications