You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI workshop environment, where you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing motor vehicles to the high standards of the BMW/MINI brand.
All BMW Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. This ensures consistent training throughout the UK and allows our apprentices to train on up-to-the-minute products and technology. The training takes place over a 3-year period and takes the form of classroom and workshop sessions.
The course is unique to BMW with a special emphasis on electronics and cutting-edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work on the latest:
- Engines and BMW diagnostic equipment
Ultimately leading to the ability to undertake:
- Repair activities on vehicles to the highest standards once fully qualified
During the time spent at your Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
Personal Qualities :
- A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole
- Be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
- Have good dexterity
Skills Required :
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
Future Prospects :
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will continue your development on the BMW Technical Programme.