What does this work placement cover?
We’re looking for students to complete a short two week work placement focused on conducting a competitor analysis. You’ll be responsible for identifying the main competitors, creating benchmarks for comparison, and identifying opportunity areas for growth. Working alongside the commercial or management side of the business you’ll have the chance to hone your skills and learn more about working on the strategy side of a business whilst adding real value.
The experience you'll gain -
- Identify primary secondary and tertiary competitors using an agreed set of data points.
- Develop a competitive benchmarking process and metrics against primary competitors.
- Carry out research and interviews to develop customer personas.
- Develop Sales Battlecards and identify marketing strategy key messages and unique selling points.
- Present a report to include a PESTLE/SWOT analysis and specific learnings or recommendations.
Hipflask is your new online drinks retailer. Find out which of your favourite products are eco-friendly and discover exciting new forward thinking brands to stock your bar with.
About Workfinder work placements -
At Workfinder we're on a mission to give all young people the best possible start to their working lives. We partner exciting startups and growing businesses to create unique short work placements through which companies get real work projects completed, whilst young people get real experience and chance to apply their studies and skills. Working from one of the project plans developed by our in-house team of ex-teachers, we'll provide you with a clear structure for your project, with daily goals, check-ins and helpful tips to help you get the most from your time with the businesses. Forget making tea and doing the filing, it's time for work experience that really works.