What does this work placement cover?
We’re looking for students to complete a short two week work placement focused on a proof of concept build. You’ll be responsible for understanding a brief, gathering requirements from around the business, then assessing both the technical and problem-fit of a proof of concept idea. Working with the whole business you’ll have the chance to hone your skills and learn more about working on delivering a proof of concept that can test and validate product hypothesis whilst adding real value to the business.
The experience you'll gain -
- Undertake a discovery phase to gather stakeholder requirements and create user stories.
- Investigate possible solutions to the problem in a spike and prototype initial solution.
- Develop concepts into detailed specifications and review the design with stakeholders.
- Build the application to the specification using agile development practices.
- Define test plans and demonstrate that the application meets requirements.
Hipflask is your new online drinks retailer. Find out which of your favourite products are eco-friendly and discover exciting new forward thinking brands to stock your bar with.
About Workfinder work placements -
At Workfinder we're on a mission to give all young people the best possible start to their working lives. We partner exciting startups and growing businesses to create unique short work placements through which companies get real work projects completed, whilst young people get real experience and chance to apply their studies and skills. Working from one of the project plans developed by our in-house team of ex-teachers, we'll provide you with a clear structure for your project, with daily goals, check-ins and helpful tips to help you get the most from your time with the businesses. Forget making tea and doing the filing, it's time for work experience that really works.