Please bear in mind before you apply that this role requires a high level of dedication and commitment from the successful applicant. There is an expectation that you will complete assessments, revision, off the job training and keep up to date with logging work in your own time.
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a job with training. Through your apprenticeship, you will gain the technical knowledge, practical experience and wider skills and behaviours you need for your immediate job and future career. These skills and behaviours are gained through formal off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice these new skills in a real work environment.
As a Suzuki Dealer, we ensure that no-one is better qualified to look after our motorcycles. Our Apprentice Technicians will be trained to manufacturer standards and have access to regular support and technical information.
Within the dealership, we utilise the latest diagnostic technology, tools and best practice processes so you can offer our customers the very best assistance with their service or repair. You will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair and service of the full range of motorcycles.
- Undertake the timely repair and servicing of customer motorcycles in accordance with the brands technical standards
- Conduct full examinations of motorcycles and identify non-routine defects or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests
- Undertake Vehicle Health Checks
- Work closely with the service team, ensuring they are kept informed of the progress of work on customer motorcycles and they are fully briefed on work completed. Discuss technical issues/works directly with customers when requested
- Provide a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive and efficient service to all workshop customers, personifying the brand
- Obtain appropriate authorisation if additional work is required on a motorcycle
- Build and maintain a high level of technical competence for diagnosing and servicing motorcycles and utilise regular training and support information provided
- Offer technical advice and support to workshop apprentices when requested by a Master Technician
- Be open to try new methods of work designed to improve efficiency
Full training will be provided by senior technicians, management and a dedicated mentor.
Personal Qualities :
- Passionate about the industry and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- Team player - assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- An interest in a career in motorcycles is essential
Skills Required :
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely
Future Prospects :
Permanent role upon successful and satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship.