This is an exciting opportunity to join Severn Partnership Ltd as an apprentice.
You will be part of the CAD team, responsible for producing:
- CAD drawings in 2D and 3D
- Extracting topographical survey data from 3D point cloud information
- Drafting detailed topographical plans for projects using 2 & 3D CAD
- 3D Modelling for BIM projects using Revit software
For the right person, there is the opportunity to develop skills in design and drawing techniques within a fast-paced, busy workplace. On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be able to produce drawings and designs to industry standards and regulations, including BIM. As an Apprentice; you will initially attend the Cadcoe Academy.
Personal Qualities :
- Willingness to learn a new skill
- Tenacity and resilience
- Commitment, drive and flexibility
- Be accountable for the work they produce
- The confidence to communicate effectively at all levels
Skills Required :
- Computer literacy is essential: Candidates must be competent in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience of CAD software is not essential as full training will be given.
Candidates should have:
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- A general interest in survey design and engineering
- Excellent team working skills
- Good time management skills
Future Prospects :
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you will have the chance to work as a qualified CAD technician, which in turn can lead on to other senior level roles within the organisation. There is also the opportunity to study for a degree.