Looking to develop your automotive skills? Looking for paid, practical experience while you study?
The purpose of an Apprenticeship is to provide an individual with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job training supported by formal training at the College (Northbrook MET).
Areas of responsibility are:
- Assist technician to carry out maintenance and repair work
- Diagnostic testing and repair of vehicle faults
- Repair and replace faulty parts and components
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor
- You will learn on the job everything you need to develop your automotive skills in a working maintenance and repair workshop
- Maintain repair and service records
- Maintain good housekeeping and cleanliness of the workshop
This is not an exhaustive list but provides a flavour of the duties.
Personal Qualities :
- A keen interest in vehicles
- Good timekeeping
- Willing to learn
Skills Required :
- Excellent practical skills
- Ability to work well within a team as well as on your own
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Future Prospects :
Potential for future progression within the company.