The role of Course Instructor is to deliver outstanding, structured outdoor education activities and workshops to groups of children, aged 7 to 14 years, on our Ultimate Survival Courses.You will be expected to guide groups of children through week-long courses, with emphasis on fun, excitement, teamwork, and skill development. You will have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for children onCamp, taking a lead in ensuring their welfare and providing high quality care.
Roles may include accommodation (camping) either on or near the venue for staff unable to commute daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
- Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on Camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Help to set up the Ultimate Survival Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day and pack down the site at the end of the season.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, supporting and caring for children throughout the week, continuously promoting their welfare.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Survival Camps.
- Live up to the company promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Survival Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Good experience within outdoor education (bushcraft specific) and experience working with children
- Excellent communication skills and verbal reasoning.
- Flexible, team player, with a dynamic approach to problem solving.
- Someone looking for a challenging, but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, as well as the opportunity to further their career in the outdoor education, adventure, andchildcare industries.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Ideally qualified or studying towards NGB qualification in adventurous activities, such as archery, canoeing, bushcraft and mountaineering.
- Ideally experienced in working in a similar camp setting, working with children aged between 7 and 14 years.
- Current outdoor or paediatric first aid qualification.
- Contract: Seasonal work available in May half term and Summer school holidays.
- Hours: 8am – 6pm weekdays, plus one overnight on-duty shift per week on Thursdays. Full time or part time roles available.
- Accommodation: Camping accommodation available onsite or nearby.
Pay:£274.15 to £464.20 per week plus holiday and additional pay for overnight duties on Thursdays. Apply Now