Easter: 6th - 17th April 2020
Summer: 13th July - 28th August 2020
October: 26 - 30th October 2020
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country offering outstanding childcare & activity provision to children whilst providing peace of mind to parents. The role of an Activity Instructor (Play) is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times, and to deliver outstanding, structured games and activities. Using supporting resources, you will be expected to plan and deliver activities to children aged between 6 and 14 years, with emphasis on participation, structure, care and development. You will have a pastoral role through being the group leader and key contact for a group of children on Camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care. As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Activity Camps. You will be expected to be flexible with the activities you deliver and be prepared to deliver some sports and art activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 6-14, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
• Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
• Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
• Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
• Supervision of children outside of activity times.
• Help to set up the Ultimate Activity Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day.
• At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps
• Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
• Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
• Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
• Qualified in, or working towards, a relevant qualification (e.g. primary education/childcare), with experience of working with children and delivering activities.
• Able to tailor delivery and structure according to age and ability.
• Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
• Good organisation and communication skills.
• Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
• Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare and coaching industry.
• Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
• Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available.
• Pay: £274.15 - £464.20 per week plus holiday pay.