Apprentice hairdresser to undertake a 24-month course that includes a Hairdressing Diploma at Level 2 and the new Hair Professional standards. Employed four days in the salon and one day training at the Academy, including some weekend working expected.
Your role will also include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and providing treatments drying hair, setting hair and sourcing equipment.
- Assisting qualified hairdressers with mixing colours, moving on to colour application and colour choice
- Some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will become more complex throughout the training to include some advanced techniques
- Assisting with reception duties and offering refreshments to clients, moving onto making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
Personal Qualities :
- You must be self-driven and have a positive, enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance is essential
Skills Required :
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
Future Prospects :
Senior hair professional apprenticeship in hairdressing.