As this role offers a varied workload the Apprentice will develop skills in a number of areas, including:
- Safe storage of parts
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Monitoring and solving customer problems/enquiries and processing of customer orders
The Parts Advisor Apprentice will be working with both customers and workshop staff, over the phone and face to face, using DAF computerised stock management systems and parts identification programme – ECAT.
A Parts Advisor Apprentice will support the dealership, improve sales and provide excellent customer service.
Personal Qualities :
- A keen interest in heavy vehicles.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- The employer is looking for an apprentice that is very hard working and motivated to learn new skills.
- Must have a full clean driving licence due to the nature of the role.
Skills Required :
- Full training will be provided, no skills required.
Future Prospects :
DAF believes in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship, which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an Apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry.