The Sport and Activity Instructor is responsible for implementing and delivering the sport and activity programme in conjunction with the Sport & Activity Co-ordinator. Their main responsibility is to make the sports and activities fun and safe for everyone involved.
Desirable qualities and skills:
- National Governing Body Sports qualifications and/or PGCE in Physical Education
- Knowledge of the local area a Boundless energy and enthusiasm
- Relevant First Aid qualification
- Experience of summer schools or working with young people
- Qualifications/experience in related subjects such as drama, sports and music etc. a Excellent communication and motivational skills a Lifeguard qualification
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Willingness to learn and adopt new teaching methods
Working Hours: A Sport and Activity Instructor is required to work 22 sessions per fortnight. A session is defined as an afternoon activity, an evening activity or a half-day excursion (a full-day excursion is two sessions). Airport transfers may be considered as one or two sessions depending on the duration. In some centres sports and activities may take place at weekends and it may be necessary for SAIs to work on six consecutive days.
Basic weekly salary ranges from £250 - £330. All salaries are paid monthly in arrears. Full board accommodation is provided in return for full residential support and some supervision duties; these will be in the form of mealtime duty and lights-out duty which will be on a rota basis.Apply Now