To assist/ support the Yard Manager in the day to day running of the boatyard
- Responsible for the daily maintenance checks on the yard plant and tools
- To liaise with crane driver and the office in planning the movements and lifting of customers boats
- Responsible for their area of health and safety and that of the other yard staff
- Maintaining efficient work practices by utilizing the skills of the other yard hands
- Carrying out general yard duties as defined by the Yard Manager to ensure the safe and efficient running of the yard including cleaning of customers boats, preparing hulls for antifouling and to antifoul when ready to a high standard, chocking and laying up of vessels for winter, carrying out the necessary checks to the chocks during the lay up
Personal Qualities :
- Attitude is key
- Work well as a part of a team, with a range of people.
- Willing to follow instruction and have the capacity to learn new skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be highly motivated and well organised
- Be able to see other people's point of view
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Be smart, positive, innovative and have a 'can-do' attitude.
Skills Required :
- Sailing/nautical experience or previous boatyard experience
- Some mechanical or electrical engineering experience desirable
- Practically minded
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Future Prospects :
- Long term employment for the correct applicant upon successful completion of the apprenticeship