Graduate Structural Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join our expanding, well-established Structural Engineering Design Practice based in a friendly office near Worcester.
We have a varied client base, including private, commercial and institutional clients. We cover all aspects of Structural Engineering including structural design of residential builds, commercial offices, canopy, timber design and Structural Engineer's reports. We also act as Party Wall surveyors and Clerks of Work for a variety of clients.
We will support and encourage candidates to progress towards Chartered Membership of either ICE, IStructE or both. We offer a competitive salary, pension contribution, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to work in pleasant, rural surroundings.
To be considered for this role you MUST:
* Be working towards or completed M Eng or MSc Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (at least 2:2 required for position)
* Be prepared to work towards Chartered Membership.
* Have experience in designing in steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
* Have a thorough working knowledge of hand calculations.
* Be proficient in the use of Autocad
* Must be eligible to work in the UK.
We would also require you to have:
* strong verbal and written communication skills
* excellent customer service skills
* excellent organisational skills
* a current valid driving licence as off-site working will be required
* a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* the ability to produce engineering sketches.
It would be desirable if you:
* Were able to demonstrate previous work experience.
* Have experience of using TEDDS or other design software.
* Have experience in preparing quotes for clients.
* A good sense of humour always helps!
Apply by 12th July 2019 by emailing CV and covering letter