Parenta have many opportunities available and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom-based lessons
The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare.
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being proactive with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day-to-day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean, and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- Contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children; this includes creating a warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially, and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual, and reliable individual
Personal Qualities :
- Friendly and outgoing, with a willingness to learn
- Passionate about providing equal opportunity, family centred childcare
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with a wide range of people
- Warm, caring, and approachable
- Open to change and a team player
Skills Required :
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable with creative thinking
- Confident with children
- Calm and organised
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment
- Written, verbal, and listening skills
Future Prospects :
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.