You will work with experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, as well as being supported by your Site Manager and the Redrow team to complete an industry standard qualification, as well as required functional skills learning.
Typical tasks include:
- Measuring the work area and setting out the first rows (courses) of bricks
- Mixing mortar (cement)
- Laying the bricks on top of each other and applying the mortar with a trowel
- Measuring and cutting bricks to size using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Checking that courses are straight using spirit levels
Personal Qualities :
- Attention to detail
Skills Required :
- Coordination and dexterity
- Relevant tool/trade skills if prior experience desirable but training provided throughout apprenticeship
Future Prospects :
Opportunity to progress to site assistant programme for the best apprentices, leading to site management and further training. Majority of apprentices who complete qualifications and perform well remain with contractor in full time roles upon completion, others have gone on to start their own firms or successfully subcontract to bigger groups.