You will work with experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, as well as being supported by your Site Manager and the Redrow team to complete an industry standard qualification, as well as required functional skills learning.
Typical tasks include:
- Solid plastering - applying wet finishes to surfaces and putting protective coverings like pebble dashing on external walls
- Fibrous plastering - creating ornamental plasterwork, such as ceiling roses, cornices, and architraves, using a mixture of plaster and short fibres shaped with molds and casts
Personal Qualities :
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about your chosen trade
- Keen to learn and develop
Skills Required :
- Coordination and dexerity
- Relevant tool / trade skills if prior experience desirable, however training provided throughout the apprenticeship
Future Prospects :
Opportunity to progress to a site assistant programme for the best apprentices, leading to site management and further training. The majority of apprentices who complete qualifications and perform well remain with the contractor in full time roles upon completion, while others have gone on to start their own firms or successfully subcontract to bigger groups.