A small and newly established bakery specialising in cakes! We're a close-knit team looking for new faces to bring their enthusiasm and fresh ideas to our fledgling business.
We are hoping to find an enthusiastic aspiring baker to work for 2-3 days each week, from 7am-6pm. The position will be partly customer-facing, so a good standard of spoken English is required, as well as previous kitchen/catering experience. However, just as important as prior experience is a passion for baking (especially cakes!), some fresh ideas, and a desire to learn from our very talented in-house baker.
Responsibilities would include preparing cakes, pies, muffins, and other baked goods (training will be provided by our current baker to ensure consistency across our products), serving customers when required, ordering stock, and cleaning the kitchen and equipment ensuring standards of hygiene are maintained.
Our ideal candidate would be:
- Passionate about baking cakes
- Experienced in a similar role and environment
- Happy to pitch-in with ad hoc tasks required by a start-up business
- Keen to learn and to progress as a baker, placing your own creative stamp upon our products
- Reliable, punctual, and happy to take responsibility for the running of the kitchen when senior staff and owners are absent
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be able to speak English fluently
- You must be currently living within a commutable distance of this vacancy