Bristol-based Digital Marketing agency Tickbox Marketing are offering a government funded apprenticeship (BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Creative and Digital Media (QCF)) in website design and development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, work-ready individual with a keen interest in the digital and creative industries.
Tickbox would provide support for the candidate to develop their skills, and gain experience on the job, with the opportunity to grow the position into a permanent web designer or developer role.
The role’s activities would be wide-ranging, and the focus could be modified to suit the candidate’s skills and interests, in an agency whose work includes web design, social media and email marketing as well as developing web web application products. The responsibilities would include converting designs into HTML, writing functionality with PHP, testing websites, as well as general office and client-facing tasks.
This role would have support from both a supervisor and a developer.
The role involves:
- Following a training programme
- Converting web page mock-ups into HTML/CSS
- Cross-browser testing and functional testing, of both the candidate’s own work and the work of others, for internal quality assurance
- Interacting with clients
- Providing phone and email support to clients
- Project management principles
- Education in, and use of, web development methodologies
Personal Qualities :
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Attention for detail
- A passion for technology and web
- A logical thinker and problem solver
Skills Required :
- Demonstrable experience in programming and computers
- All-round computer skills (both hardware and software)
- Some experience in hand-coding web pages with HTML & CSS
- Basic use of Photoshop and/or InDesign
Desirable (but not required) skills:
- Knowledge of domain/DNS/nameserver behaviour
- Knowledge of and experience in use of PHP coding, MySQL or other database
- Knowledge of quirks of rendering of websites in different browsers
- Experience in browser testing
- Experience in user testing
- Knowledge of server-side scripting (PHP, python or perl) would be beneficial
- Knowledge of web server environments (preferably LAMP)
Future Prospects :
For the right applicant this is an opportunity to develop your talents for creative technology and progress into a web developer.