Boost your skills, top up your student loan, and give back to your community with NCS! Paid, flexible seasonal work throughout June - September 2019!
Salary: £1,472 - £1,880 per 14-18 day placement
Locations: Greater London, Surrey, Bucks & Berks, West Midands, Greater Manchester, Lancashire & Yorkshire
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their local communities.
In 2019, we'll be recruiting over 4,000 paid seasonal staff to support the delivery of NCS. Our Team Mentor and Youth Inclusion Mentor roles are perfect for those looking to inspire, support and lead local young people and add to their existing youth work experience.
Team Mentors lead groups of young people through the NCS programme, acting as a role model to up to 15 teenagers, and encouraging them to bond as a team and fully engage with the curriculum. Our Mentors are responsible for the health, safety and pastoral care of their teams throughout the 3 or 4 week programme, and will be supported by the Pastoral Care Lead in managing challenging behaviour and integrating young people with additional behavioural and/or emotional support needs.
We strive for the NCS programme to be as inclusive as possible, providing additional support and resources to improve accessibility for young people with behavioural and/or emotional needs. Youth Inclusion Mentors work exclusively with a young person from a care, youth justice system, CAHMS and/or SENDCO background, quickly building trust and motivating them to fully integrate with their teams. They alsol conduct meetings with their young person before, during and after the NCS programme, ensuring that the young person is engaging with the NCS ethos and developing skills to take with them into the future.
Both the Team Mentor and Youth Inclusion Mentor roles are partly-residential, working with their assigned young person or team throughout their NCS journeys, ensuring a consistent and high quality experience for the young people.
Apply as soon as possible to secure your 2019 seasonal role - jobs are offered on a first come, first served basis!
- Experience of working with young people (preferably with an element of residential work)
- Ability to quickly build positive rapports with young people
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour & motivate young pepole through a range of activities
- Ability to facilitate or deliver activities to groups in an engaging & inclusive way
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of support needs
- Experience of working with young people who are looked after, involved with the youth justice system, have SEND or are receiving support from CAMHS
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be able to speak English fluently
- You must be currently living within a commutable distance of this vacancy