For over 30 years, Ardmore Language Schools has offered international young learners a fantastic opportunity to develop their English Language skills whilst enjoying a culturally immersive and fun activity programme. We are currently looking to hire organised, proactive and hard-working Heads of Sports and Activities for our summer programmes across 19 UK centres.
The Head of Sports and Activities role is an incredible opportunity for a taste of management while still doing the fun stuff our Activity Leaders do! You will be in charge of creating our amazing activity and evening entertainments programme as well organising excursions. You will use your expertise to show Activity Leaders how to lead fun, enthusiastic and energetic sessions. You will manage your own team and be responsible for their development through observations, appraisals and CPD sessions. And don’t worry about missing out on the fun, because the best HSA’s get involved and lead some of the programme.
Ardmore Language Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates are required to provide criminal checks including a valid Enhanced DBS Certificate and/or overseas police checks.
Location: 19 locations across the UK; Bath, Uxbridge, Berkshire, Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, Windsor, Henley-on-Thames, Swindon, Ipswich, Petersfield, Brighton, Eastbourne, Harrow, Central London, Reading, Hertfordshire, Ascot.
- Ability to lead fun and engaging activities.
- Ability to motivate and enjoy working with large groups of international students.
- Previous experience working with children/teenagers.
- Ability to create and sustain working relationships with students.
- Available to work for 4-8-week periods during July and August, on a fixed-term basis.
- Always prioritise student welfare and implement our Safeguarding Policy.
- Previous summer school experience.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate, Lifeguard or sports coaching qualification.
- Have experience of working with students aged 9 – 17 years old.
- Proven leadership skills.
The Head of Sports and Activities` main duties include the creation and implementation of a high-quality activity and excursion programme, ensuring that all staff members have been properly inducted and are prepared and present for activity sessions. They must ensure that the programme is enjoyable and delivered safely. The Head of Sports and Activities will lead a team of Activity Leaders and carry out continuous development exercises such as observations and appraisals. They will lead regular meetings with the Activity Team to discuss client feedback and adjust the activity programme, if necessary, to develop new ideas that reach the desired high standard for activities and excursions. The Head of Sports Activities must ensure that every excursion is booked with the correct transportation and that all required documentation is ready to take on the trip. The Head of Sports and Activities must also maintain accurate administrative records (registers, rotas, incident reports, excursions, regularly updated risk assessments and programmes). The Head of Sports and Activities will work closely with the Centre Director to liaise about the stock of activity material, centre-hired items and the return of all unused stock. They will also liaise with the host college or university staff to ensure that facilities are booked and ready. Heads of Sports and Activities and managers are responsible for the set up and closure of the centre and must assist with the day-to-day running of the centre.
- Reports to Centre Director and Operations Executive.
- Managing a team of Activity Leaders.
- 4-8 week contract with a potential extension.
- 48 hours per week. (Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive).
- Residential position. Full board and accommodation free of charge.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Candidates can only be considered if they over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK. The Recruitment Team cannot accept CVs; all applications must be submitted via the online application portal.
Get in touch and apply now!
- You must be eligible to work in the UK