For over 30 years, Ardmore Language Schools has offered international young learners a fantastic opportunity to develop their English Language skills whilst enjoying a culturally immersive and fun activity programme. We are currently looking to hire organised, proactive and hard-working Heads of Pastoral Care for our summer programmes across 19 UK centres.
The Head of Pastoral Care position is a fantastic first step for those who want to progress into a management role. You will be responsible for some important administration such as rooming plans, fire lists and organising meal numbers, but will get the chance to lead your own team in an exciting fast paced environment. Our Heads of Pastoral Care also spend time speaking with students and Group Leaders to make sure they’re enjoying stay, out observing their team to provide constructive feedback for their development and occasionally getting involved with activities or excursions and evening entertainment.
Ardmore Language Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates are required to provide criminal checks including a valid Enhanced DBS Certificate and/or overseas police checks.
Location: 19 locations across the UK; Bath, Uxbridge, Berkshire, Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, Windsor, Henley-on-Thames, Swindon, Ipswich, Petersfield, Brighton, Eastbourne, Harrow, Central London, Reading, Hertfordshire, Ascot.
- Sensitivity to other cultures.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of Welfare Leaders and groups of international students.
- Strong administration skills.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Experience of working with children and young people.
- Available to work for 4-8-week periods during July and August, on a fixed-term basis.
- Always prioritise student welfare and implement our Safeguarding Policy.
- Available for compulsory management training in the last week of June.
- Previous summer school experience.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate or Lifeguarding qualification.
- Previous experience of counselling or mentoring young people.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Liaise with the host site to administer bedding lists, rooming plans and meal numbers.
- Act as the safeguarding DSP in the absence of the Centre Director.
- Maintain the overall welfare of all students with a particular focus on individual students, who have not travelled with a group.
- Reports to Centre Director.
- Managing a team of Welfare Leaders.
- 4-8 week contract with a potential extension.
- 48 hours per week. (Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive).
- Residential position. Full board and accommodation included free of charge.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Candidates can only be considered if they over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK. The Recruitment Team cannot accept CVs; all applications must be submitted via the online application portal.
Get in touch and apply now!
- You must be eligible to work in the UK