For over 30 years, Ardmore Language Schools has offered international young learners a fantastic opportunity to develop their English Language skills whilst enjoying a culturally immersive and fun activity programme. We are currently looking to hire organised, approachable and helpful Centre Administrators for our summer programmes across 19 UK centres.
The Centre Administrator position is a fantastic first step for those who want to get a taste of our management roles. You will work closely with the other managers to learn how to lead a team and the administration behind the running of the centre. You will be a ‘jack of all trades’ on centre who is happy to help with all aspects of the centre’s delivery.
Ardmore Language Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates are required to provide criminal checks including a valid Enhanced DBS Certificate and/or overseas police checks.
Location: 19 locations across the UK; Bath, Uxbridge, Berkshire, Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, Windsor, Henley-on-Thames, Swindon, Ipswich, Petersfield, Brighton, Eastbourne, Harrow, Central London, Reading, Hertfordshire, Ascot. *Positions are limited and may cease to exist at specific locations due to varying team structures and student numbers.
- Sensitivity to other cultures and diversity.
- Previous administration experience.
- Ability to work within and across different teams.
- Previous experience of working with children.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate Activity and Welfare Leaders.
- Available to work for 4-8-week periods during June, July and August, on a fixed-term basis.
- Always prioritise student welfare and implement our Safeguarding Policy.
- Previous summer school experience.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate, Lifeguard or sports coaching qualification.
- Have experience of working with students aged 9 – 17 years old.
- Valid DBS and/or Overseas Police Checks (Ardmore can assist with this).
- Collect, file away and archive group information including class registers, group programmes, final numbers certificates and fire lists.
- Maintain the Centre Master List with all student information, notably updating allergy information and test scores.
- Ensure high levels of student safety and welfare are maintained and that the centre rules are adhered to.
- Represent Ardmore Language Schools positively and with confidence in all conversations with students, Group Leaders, staff and the host centre staff.
- Assist the CD in maintaining petty cash and its associated record keeping.
- Liaise with HO regarding anything outstanding.
- Help ensure that Ardmore Language School Health and Safety policies are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Assist all members of the Centre Management Team with general administrative duties.
- Assist the academic team with diploma writing and placement and exit test marking.
- Reports to Centre Director.
- 4 week contract with a potential extension.
- 42 hours per week. (Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive).
- Residential option with full board and accommodation included.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Candidates can only be considered if they over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK. The Recruitment Team cannot accept CVs; all applications must be submitted via the online application portal.
Get in touch and apply now!Apply Now