Jigsaw Plus has opportunities for Learning Support Worker Interns to join our growing team. Working within our brand new ‘Centre for Life Long Learning’ you will be supporting young adults with autism and related disabilities in the attainment of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion.
In return, you will receive a comprehensive training and development package, giving you valuable experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) as well as the opportunity for promotion and personal development.
This is the perfect role for an individual who enjoys helping others and is looking to build or progress a career in the adult social care and psychology industry.
WHAT CAN YOU ACHIEVE AT JIGSAWPLUS
- Nationally Recognised Care Certificate
- Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Competency Certificate
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Pre Teacher Rank
- Completion of the UK ABA Education Competence Framework
- Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) Certification
- QCF in Health and Social Care
- Crisis Intervention Training (PROACT-SCIPr UK)
Other training will include:
First Aid, Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Epilepsy, Administering medication, Food and Hand Hygiene and Understanding Autism
HOW WILL YOU HELP OUR ADULT LEARNERS
- Support participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities, based on the ABA model
- Encourage and enable learning and development all aspects of daily life
- Facilitate and support decision making whilst promoting choice, involvement and empowerment.
- Collect, record and analyse data on learning programmes
- Complete activity and spending logs
- The desire to help others to enjoy learning and develop independence
- 5 GCSE’s with minimum Grade C/ level 4 or equivalent, including Maths and English Language
- Experience of working with adults or children with learning or communication difficulties
- Experience of working with adults or children with autism
- Care Certificate
- Driving License