employment 4 students - The UK's most visited student jobsite


Social carers 'come from all walks of life'

11 Nov 2008

Social carers 'come from all walks of life' University leavers looking for graduate jobs in London might consider a job in social care, it has been reported.

According to communitycare.co.uk, graduates without a degree in social care can undertake a two-year Masters course which will entitle them to work in the sector.

However, according to the news provider, a social work degree can be taken on by mature students or people on trainee schemes and can be studied alongside work.

"If you are already working at a social care organisation, your employer may sponsor you to undertake the degree," the website states.

Adding: "People employed in the voluntary and independent sector will also get help, as employers can apply to the General Social Care Council for funding."

Newly qualified social workers outside of London can expect a starting salary of £18,000 and there is a wide range of organisations that graduates can work for including councils, hospitals, charities and residential care homes, the site reports.

According to the Department of Health, there are several hundred different social care vacancies available up and down the country right now, working with older people, children and families and people with disabilities.

To find and apply for the latest graduate IT jobs in London see our dedicated London IT graduate jobs section.

Find your perfect job now!

Register now to let employers find you and be notified about the latest relevant jobs