We believe that everyone should have the unique opportunity to discover, explore and experience something new.
That’s why, for over 80 years we’ve helped young people and schools, families and friends, travellers and individuals to explore, learn and relax the length and breadth of England and Wales.
- Welcomes all - individual travellers, families, school and youth groups, recording around two million overnight stays each year
- Helps provide learning opportunities for 8,000 school, college and youth groups to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and other educational needs
- Gives thousands of disadvantaged young people each year a trip part-funded by YHA’s Breaks for Kids scheme
- Accommodates 750,000 overnight stays by young people under the age of 18 each year, travelling independently, with families or as part of an organised group
- Runs a network of 200 Youth Hostels, bunkhouses and camping barns, in stunning rural, coastal and city locations throughout England and Wales
- Has over 200,000 members
- Is supported by more than 700 active volunteers
- Employs more than 1,200 staff including 600 seasonal staff
- Has an annual turnover of £50 million
- Is one of Britain’s top 50 charities
- Is number 69 in the Times Top 100 not-for-profit organisations, an Investor in People and Volunteers and have won multiple industry awards for our marketing campaigns
- Welcomes visitors from 80 different nations each year, accounting for 500,000 overnight stays
- Has invested over £22 million in our network since 2011 and is continuing to do so to update our hostels and create new ones, meeting the needs and expectations of our customers.
- Is an active member of Hostelling International (HI) which embraces 60 countries, with 4,000 Youth Hostels and 3.2 million members worldwide. HI is the largest budget accommodation network in the world